Kandivli Education Society
Shining bright since 1936 !
At the time when the entire country was gearing up for a long-drawn struggle to unshackle the bondages of slavery and high handedness of British rulers, seeds of a silent yet far – reaching revolution were being sown by a handful of visionaries in a distant sleepy village called Kandivli located about 23 miles away from Bombay city. It was in the year 1936 that Sri. Jamanadas Adukia, Sri. Gokaldas Ranchoddas and Sri. Lavji Meghji, along with few other like-minded and large-hearted local businessmen decided to take a small step forward and founded The Kandivli Education Society (KES) with a noble and patriotic objective of providing education in vernacular medium to the children from Gujarati families settled in this part of the Bombay province. The Society was registered under the Societies Registration Act, of 1860 vide registration no. 1557 of 1947-48 in June 1947 and the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950 vide registration no. F – 253 (Bom.) in 1953.
As a result of the efforts taken by the founder members of the Society, Shree Kandivali Vidyalaya was started on 31st March 1936 with an enrolment of 13 students. In 1960, the school was renamed as ‘Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel High School’; which popularly came to be known as SVP School over the years. Realizing the need, technical education was provided in 1961 and a Junior College section in science stream was added in 1976. The Junior college section was renamed as Shri. T. P. Bhatia Junior College of Science in 2004. Currently the SVP School has more than 4500 students on the T. P. Bhatia Junior College of Science has about 2500 students.